In case you missed my BlogPaws Part 1 post, you can see it here and there is still time to enter the BlogPaws Swag Bag Giveaway! The Part 1 post focused on the drive to Virginia, the Swag Bag and the Opening Event Pawty.
Friday morning kicked off with breakfast and meeting up with old friends. It was exciting to see Kari from HoundGirl and Jane from PetFinder.com! I took Pancake Pet Kiko with me and she sat at the breakfast table with her new pal Riley from Adventures of a Cattle Dog.
The Keynote Friday morning was Steve Dale, Certified Animal Behavior Consultant. Steve did a great job; he talked about a variety of things but one of the important points he made was about heartworm protection. Steve said, “24% of pet owners believe routine check-ups are unnecessary.” That number is scarey but it doesn’t surprise me. I remember talking with a former co-worker who was looking to adopt a dog at the time. She came to me asking questions about caring for a dog and when I mentioned heartworm preventive meds every month she told me that she didn’t think that was necessary and that they never did that with pets she had growing up. Even after explaining the importance, she seemed disinterested. Steve went on to say, “Heartworm kills dogs! Get your dogs vaccinated and treat with preventative medications regularly!”
After Steve’s Keynote, the workshops started. I have to admit, it was hard choosing which workshop to attend because all of the topics interested me. The workshops were separated by levels. So, if you are a new blogger, they had beginner workshops and so on. I decided to attend the “Build a Business, Not Just a Blog” workshop by Mary Anne Shew. After that workshop, I attended the “SEO: Getting Ahead in Search” by Matt Beswick. Matt held a fantastic workshop, engaging the attendees and helping us by giving us some tools to help make our blogs better.
Evercare has a line of products specifically for pet hair:
Evercare Pet Giant 60 Layer Roller, Evercare Veterinarian Pet Lint Roller, Evercare Pet Extra Sticky 60 Layer Roller, Evercare Pet Mega 25 Layer Roller with Extension Handle, Evercare Fur Eraser Agitator.
I am pretty sure that every pet owner has an Evercare product in their home! Not only do we use it to remove dog hair from clothes and furniture, My husband rolls it over Riley’s coat as she constantly has loose hair all over her!
Stay tuned for BlogPaws Part 3!
WIN IT: One (1) winner will receive a FurErase, Pet Giant Lint Roller and Refill!
DATES: June 6 – 22, 2013 (Midnight, EST)
To Enter (mandatory):
- Subscribe to Doggies and Stuff. You must be a registered subscriber via RSS Feed or Email. Email subscribers must validate their subscription in order to be entered. If not, your comment will not be approved. Simply leave a comment below, “I Subscribe via Email” or “I Subscribe via RSS Feed”.
You can earn extra entries:
- Like Doggies and Stuff and Evercare on Facebook. (1 entry)
- Follow Doggies and Stuff on Twitter. (1 entry)
- Tweet by first clicking the tweet (daily-1 entry for each daily tweet-Be sure to come back and comment each time) by tweeting: Enter to win a FurErase, Giant and Refill by Evercare at @DoggiesAndStuff http://doggiesandstuff.com/?p=12056
- Like this giveaway on Facebook (one time only) by clicking the “like” button above this post. (1 entry)
- Pin Repin our pin of this post on Pinterest and follow Doggies and Stuff there. (1 entry)
- Google+ Check the plus 1 on our Google + link for this post and add Doggies and Stuff to your circle.(1 entry)
- Instagram Follow Doggies and Stuff on Instagram. (1 entry)
Leave a comment FOR EACH, i.e. I “Like” on Facebook and/or I “Follow” on Twitter! Each comment will earn you one entry. If you leave one comment stating “Followed, Liked, Tweeted, etc.” this will only earn you ONE ENTRY TOTAL, so be sure to leave a comment for each to earn your multiple entries.
For your privacy, YOU DO NOT HAVE TO ADD YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS TO YOUR COMMENTS because I get your email address when you register your comment.
Open to 18+ USA residents who are active subscribers of my blog (So sorry to my Canadian readers).
Winners will be chosen using random.org and will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen.
I reserve the right to not approve comments for any reason. Comments will definitely not be approved for the following reasons:
- Do not leave a link back to your site, or to your giveaways, asking me or other subscribers to enter your giveaways. If you want to promote your blog please email me to discuss a way to work together.
- Any comments that do not pertain to this review or giveaway will be deleted.
- Any rude or obscene comments will not be approved.
- All spam comments will be deleted.
No purchase is necessary to enter. A purchase will not increase your chances of winning.
This blog will make every effort to deliver prizes or have prizes delivered to the winner. However unlikely the scenario may be; this blog and its author are not responsible for giveaway prizes that are lost in transit or damaged. This blog is also not responsible if a sponsor/company does not send prize(s). Blog author will communicate with said company(s) several times, in an effort to resolve issue. Please allow 4 to 8 weeks for your prize to be delivered. The company providing the give-away product has the authority to substitute the winning item for any reason.
If you have unsubscribed from Doggies and Stuff in the past because you were unsuccessful at winning a giveaway, and are now trying to re-subscribe to win a current giveaway, you will be ineligible for any giveaways until you have been re-subscribed for 6 months. After your 6 month trial period, you will be eligible again to participate in entering to win our giveaways. This keeps it fair for our regular subscribers.
ONE ENTRY PER HOUSEHOLD / IP ADDRESS
Disclaimer: If you make a purchase via any of my Amazon.com links within this post or anywhere on my blog, I receive a small percentage of your purchase. I received no product or compensation for this blog post..